Canadian author Wanda St.Hilaire has a penchant and passion for all things Latin and believes life is too short not to do what you love, where you love. She spends time writing in Mexico for inspiration and to escape the frozen landscapes of Alberta.
Her first travel memoir, The Cuban Chronicles, is an honest, raw, and sometimes humorous account of the pleasures and perils of a single, untamed woman wandering Cuba alone and unchaperoned.
Her second travel memoir, Fragments of French, is an unexpected journey of the heart that begins in Portugal, taking the reader to four countries, with many twists and turns along the path.
– I live for … travel.
– Professions I’d like to try … National Geographic Photographer/Travel Show Host/Anthropologist.
– Biggest mystery … why humans still value money and power over love and beauty.
– Most memorable meal … a surreal, lavish lunch in Barcelos, Portugal on market day.
– Wisest decision … not having children. I couldn’t even keep a glass fish I once owned afloat.
– I’d love to have coffee with … writer and rogue extraordinaire, Hemingway.
– If I were “Bewitched,” the first thing I’d do … is dematerialize all of the world’s evil and materialize it on Pluto.
– Mantra … I now create heaven on earth (okay, lofty goal).